- kindred spirit to Paul vs.20
- was concerned for the Philippians as Paul was vs. 20
- cared for the interests of Christ, not his own interests vs.21
- proven worth, serving in the furtherance of the gospel vs.22
- like a son to Paul vs.22
- Paul calls him brother vs.25
- Paul's fellow worker vs.25
- Paul's fellow soldier vs.25
- Philippians' messenger vs. 25
- Philippians' minister to Paul vs. 25
- concerned for the Philippians vs.26
- passionate in serving the Lord to the point of death vs.30
Would that I would have that kind of passion that I would serve Christ whole-heartedly. I don't serve alongside any missionaries this closely. Not to the point of death.
But you know, I have the opportunity to serve Christ passionately where I am. I can serve Him as I wipe noses and help children wash hands. As moms come to pick up their kids, I can serve Him by taking time to chat with them and be an encouragement to them. I can also serve them by faithfully training their children while they are away at work. I can serve Him each and every day.
This will take time and I may not always get away by myself, but I know that this is valuable time well spent as I invest in the lives of the little ones around me. As I train them to study Awana verses and read in their Bibles before they start their day, I'm teaching them the value of reading God's Word and memorizing Scripture.
I need to remember that I can serve Christ each and every day with the tasks He has given me to do and I can do this by remembering what my job is and serving with a cheerful heart.