Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My family


Now that I know how to add pictures without having green across the bottom half, I thought that I would add pics of my family and introduce you to them, for those of you who don't know us personally.

My husband and I both grew up overseas as the children of missionaries.  Our parents were with the same mission organization, but we never met each other growing up.  He lived in Indonesia and I grew up in the Philippines.

I am thankful for the special way God worked to allow us to meet and get to know one another, for he is the best person for me and I can't imagine life with anyone else.

We served overseas in Indonesia and three of our children were born there.  We have seven children, five boys and two girls.  Each of them brings joy to our hearts in their own way.

Our oldest - 13 and in 8th grade

Sharpie (his code name) was born in Missouri while we were in training. Sometimes maybe I rely on him more than I should and I enjoy having his help with the little ones and seeing him learn responsibility in caring for his pets.  He bought ducks last year and almost never has to be reminded to care for them.
Our second - 12 and in 7th grade
Jones was born in Nebraska while we were waiting to head to Indonesia.  He's fun-loving and kind of opposite to his mother in that regard.  He's really enjoying helping me care for the baby boy who stays with us during the weekdays.  A smart kid who is still learning to apply himself in the area of school work. We have puppies and he has picked one that he would like.
Our third child and son - 11 and in 5th grade
Waterman was born in Jakarta, Indonesia.  He is very focused when he wants to get something done.  He has devoted himself to finishing his Awana book and has a few sections to go and he'll be done.  He loves to get things organized when he's in charge of playtime.
My three oldest boys

My fourth child and 1st daughter - 8 and in 3rd grade
Bugaboo was born in Wisconsin, while we stayed with Grandpa and Grandma.  The doctors in Indonesia told us she had water-on-the-brain, but when we arrived home we found nothing wrong.  The doctors from the Baptist hospital in Indonesia are certain it was a miracle and so are we.  We are so thankful for her.  She loves her siblings, though she doesn't always enjoy being a middle child.
My fifth child and 4th son - 7 and in 1st grade
Tank (a nickname my Grandpa gave him) was born in Indonesia at the Baptist hospital on the island of Borneo.  He loves to be in charge of playtime for his younger siblings and enjoys reading and studying his Awana as well.
My sixth child and 2nd daughter - 5 and in Kindergarten
 Jules was born in Indonesia at the same place as Tank.  She brings joy to our lives.  The opposite of her sister in most ways.  Bugaboo is dark-haired and has dark eyes and is rather serious.  Jules is fair skinned with light hair and blue eyes and smiles all the time.  She has really opened our eyes to prayer time.  Rarely does she request anything, she simply thanks God for making us and anything else she can think of at the time.  It's fun to hear her lists of thankful things.
My girlie-girls

My seventh child and 5th son - 3 years old for another month
Tractorman is my last child and a fun little boy to have around.  He loves to watch my husband's uncle drive his tractors past our house.  He loves living on a farm and "helping" whenever anyone will let him.  We are so thankful he is part of our lives, as we are for each one in our family.

Our house is busy and homeschooling can be a challenge keeping up with 6 different grades, but we enjoy the life we are living and are so thankful for where God has us right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment