Pages

Friday, July 13, 2018

Seamless Week 4 Day 2

DAVID

David humbles himself before God.  He recognizes that it's not far that the God of the universe lives in a tent while he has a regular house.  Then God tells him that his kingdom will be forever.  David responds in humility saying "Who am I?"

Next though David does some of his worst stuff ever.  He proves that God still uses weak and frail people.  He shows us that confession is the thing that keeps us right with God and that was the distinguishing difference between him and Saul.

Did you read Psalm 51?  What an anguished cry from a man who recognizes his sin!  I know my heart often cries out under the weight of my issues, the sins I struggle with.  But our realness and honesty before the Lord is what keeps us in right relationship with Him.  It keeps us growing in Him.  It keeps us alive.  When we hide it and embrace it as Saul did we turn into evil, grasping and even at times dangerous people. 

I hope you are enjoying this study as much as I am.  Being in the Word is invigorating.  Maybe all you have is time to read the passage of Scripture.  Today would be 1 Samuel 11 and Psalm 51.

Keep pressing on
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment