Pages

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Kid dresser 1st day - Week 4 Day 1

Last week while I was frantically searching for a retainer for my son, Tank, I went through all his clothes.  Grandma had come for Thanksgiving and given some new and needed items, so it was a good time to do a purge.  She gave nine items.

His drawers were packed full.  My husband begs me to only leave what is minimally necessary for life in their drawers. He feels that too many clothes really just make it super difficult to keep what we have nice and to keep them in order.  I agree, but I don't do great with this.  It would also help my laundry situation if I would do this.  When their drawers are full and they have more laundry to put in them, they don't.  The clothes end up on the floor and after a day or two go back in the wash unused. 

So I tried, I really did, but there were some special t-shirts that I left in his drawer.  I saved some things for his little brother and donated some.  I was very selective about what I saved because we usually get clothes from Grandma. 

I purged about 20 items from his dresser.  Some were donated and the others were thrown away.

Total for the challenge: 213 items; Goal to date: 160 items.

Keep pressing on,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment